Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, receiving maximum compensation is of critical importance. Of course, all personal injury cases deserve to be properly compensated, but catastrophic injuries can be devastating physically, emotionally and financially. The seriousness of these injuries raises the stakes for personal injury litigation and leaves no room for error.
Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable attorney is crucial to receiving a maximum recovery.
Request a FREE Case Evaluation
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury is one that has significant long-term or permanent effects on the injured person’s life. Common catastrophic injuries include:
- Brain Injuries – Consequences of brain injuries include severe personality changes, diminished cognitive and motor abilities and a host of other serious problems. Some brain injuries may require a lifetime of treatment and care.
- Burn Injuries – Severe burns can require months of medical care, dozens of surgeries and years of rehabilitation to treat. Burns to children will likely require extensive surgeries to accommodate growth over the years.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Depending on the location of the injury to the spinal cord, the result could be partial or complete paralysis. In severe cases, breathing and other involuntary reflexes could be compromised. These injuries typically require months or years of medical and rehabilitation treatment.
- Amputation Injuries – The loss of one or more limbs can severely affect a person’s life and livelihood. Additionally, amputations generally cause exorbitant medical, rehabilitation and prosthetic expenses.
- Loss Of Sight & Loss of Hearing – Sudden profound blindness or deafness is a staggering loss that can severely affect a person’s life. Victims often have years of rehabilitation and occupational therapy to learn how to cope with these injuries.
- Paralysis – Loss of feeling and function to an area of the body
Choosing the right personal injury attorney is essential for catastrophic injury cases. Often the true cost of catastrophic injuries is not immediately apparent. A lawyer experienced in handling these types of cases can anticipate the needs of the victim and the victim’s family in the future. If you or a loved one has sustained a catastrophic injury, the attorneys at Ankin Law Office can help. Our firm has the experience and the resources to aggressively advocate for your best interests. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Personal Injury Lawyers at Ankin Law:
Protecting the rights of injured people since 1940.
Fault in a construction accident depends on the circumstances of the accident and its contributing factors. These factors include accident site, site conditions, and equipment
The timeline for many mesothelioma cases is between three months and one year. Some mesothelioma cases may, however, linger for several years. Most mesothelioma cases settle
If you are considering pursuing compensation for a secondary injury through workers’ comp in Chicago, Illinois, you might wonder how to prove a secondary injury