Ankin Law Office 2020 Scholarship for Military Veterans
First Things First: Thank You, Veterans, For Your Service.
The Ankin Law Office Annual Scholarship for Military Veterans recognizes the sacrifice our veterans and their families have made for our country. Part of that sacrifice includes delaying education and training to serve our country. We hope this $1,000 scholarship will help the award recipient transition to a civilian career.
The funds will be used for tuition and books only and be paid directly to the award recipient’s educational institution. A committee will select the winner based on the essay submitted on the topic below.
This scholarship is open to military veterans of the United States Armed Forces and immediate family members (parents, children) who will be enrolled full-time in fall 2020 in an accredited community college or university (undergraduate or graduate), earning credits toward a degree (associate, baccalaureate, or graduate). Trade or vocational programs will also qualify.
Complete the online application which appears below by July 15, 2020.
Write an essay of 1,000 words or less on the topic below and publish it on your blog.
The winner must provide proof of military service or if a family member, proof of the relationship to the veteran and proof of military service. If not active, the military member must have been discharged honorably.
The winner consents to the use of his or her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the Ankin Law Office website.
Essay Subject + Format Expectations
Write an essay of 1,000 words or less on the following topic:
List advantages and disadvantages, as well as the dangers of taking a bicycle to work.
Please follow these guidelines:
- The Essay has to be 1,000 words or less.
- Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: https://www.wordpress.com/.
- Include at least three “clickable” links to authoritative sources. At least one of these has to go to an article on ankinlaw.com blog. We added some below to get you started. Feel free to use different posts from our blog archive as well. Please note that the link to ankinlaw.com must be “clickable,” meaning that it is not enough to simply cite to the post. (Quick tip: In order to make a link clickable, highlight the entire link, click “Command + K” on your keyboard).
- You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website and the blog post must be set to “public”.
- The work must be your own.
Follow us on Social Media for more updates:
Shoutouts in Stories are not acceptable as we might not get to them within 24 hours for review.
Announcement of Scholarship Winner
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by August, 2020. The funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution and used for tuition only. The winning essay may be published on the Ankin Law Office website. Ankin Law Office has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the winner.
Are you a Disabled Veteran or simply a student looking for a financial boost to further your academic career? Then check out our other scholarships: