Bicycles are a common mode of transportation in and around Chicago, whether as a form of exercise, recreation, or a way to get to work. Unfortunately, given the large number of bicyclists and motorists sharing the road, bicycle accidents happen all too often.
Bicycle accidents can result in serious injuries, and even death, with the bulk of the injuries suffered by the bicyclist since they lack the protection of a vehicle. If you have been in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to recover money damages for any medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Bicyclist accidents can be upsetting and confusing. If you are in a bicycle accident, it is important to remember the following:
- Seek medical attention even if you don’t think that you are injured. Many injuries, such as concussions and neck injuries, don’t manifest themselves until several hours or days after the accident.
- Notify the police and wait for them to arrive.
- Avoid making comments about fault or negotiating with the motorist involved in the accident.
- Provide a statement of the bicycle accident circumstances so that it can be documented in the police report. Make sure to tell the police of all injuries.
- Obtain driver and witness contact information.
- Make sure to maintain documents of the accident, including medical bills, medical records, and photos.
- Seek the advice of a skilled bicycle accident attorney.
The Chicago bicycle accident lawyers at Ankin Law Office, LLC focus on helping the victims of bicycle accidents and other motor vehicle accidents recover compensation for their injuries and damages. We don’t collect any fees unless you recover money damages for your bicycle accident injuries. Contact our office at (312) 600-0000 to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable Chicago bicycle accident lawyers.