Persons with disabilities are often entitled to Social Security disability benefits, but because the process can be time consuming and confusing, many eligible applicants forego the claim process. An experienced social security attorney can go a long way in helping an eligible applicant pursue his or her claim. Applicants may be worried about how to pay an attorney, however.
Social security disability attorneys – like those at Ankin Law Office, LLC – typically do not charge hourly or upfront legal fees. Instead, disability attorneys get paid on a percentage of any benefit amounts collected by the applicant. For these reasons, it is financially and legally worthwhile to enlist the help of a social security disability lawyer.
At Ankin Law Office, LLC, our Chicago social security disability lawyers will help you throughout the entire claims process – from assembling the necessary documentation and filing your social security disability application to preparing for and attending your social security disability claim hearing.
In order to file a claim, the Social Security Administration (SSA) requires that the following information be provided with an application for social security disability benefits:
- W-2 Form (or your IRS 1040 and Schedules C and SE if self-employed) from the previous year.
- Social Security Number(s) for your spouse and minor children.
- Checking or savings account number and bank routing number, if you want direct deposit for your benefit checks.
- Military Service discharge information (Form DD 214) for all periods of active duty, if applicable.
- Name and contact information of someone familiar with your medical condition.
- Detailed information regarding medical treatment, including names, addresses, phone numbers, patient ID numbers, and dates of treatment for all doctors, hospitals, and clinics.
- Medication and names of prescribing doctor.
- Information regarding any medical tests.
- Employment information for previous 5 jobs, including types of jobs and dates worked.
- Information about any insurance or workers’ compensation claims you filed, including claim number and contact information of insurance company.
Our knowledgeable Chicago social security disability lawyers will help you gather the necessary information and ensure that the appropriate supporting documentation is available to prove your claim.
Contact one of our Chicago disability attorneys to learn more about how we can help you collect the social security disability benefits that you need and deserve.