Ankin Law Office 2019, $1,000 Scholarship for Disabled Veterans of the United States Armed Forces.
First Things First: Thank You Veterans For Your Service.
We value the sacrifice all veterans have made for our country and hope that this scholarship can help in the transition to a rewarding civilian career.
The scholarship funds may only be used for tuition and books and will be paid directly to the winning applicant’s educational institution. A committee will select the winner based on the essay submitted on the topic below.
The scholarship is open to disabled veterans of the United States Armed Forces who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited community college, college, university, trade, or vocational school in the fall of 2019. Your disability rating must be at least 30%.
Complete the online application which appears below by July 15, 2019.
Write an essay of 1000 words or less on the topic below and publish it on your blog.
The winner must provide proof of military service or if a family member, proof of the relationship to the veteran and proof of military service, as well as proof of full-time enrollment should his/her submission be selected. If not active, the military member must have been discharged honorably. The winner consents to the use of his or her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the Ankin Law Office website.
Essay Subject + Format Expectations
Write an essay on the following topic:
Rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft are making efforts in keeping their customers safe. Do you think their efforts are sufficient and how could they improve?
Please follow these guidelines:
- The Essay has to be 1,000 words or less.
- Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: https://www.wordpress.com/.
- Include at least three “clickable” links to authoritative sources. At least one of these has to go to an article on ankinlaw.com blog. We added some below to get you started. Feel free to use different posts from our blog archive as well. Please note that the link to ankinlaw.com must be “clickable,” meaning that it is not enough to simply cite to the post. (Quick tip: In order to make a link clickable, highlight the entire link, click “Command + K” on your keyboard).
- You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website and the blog post must be set to “public”.
- The work must be your own.
Students who take the extra step and give us a social-media shoutout about the scholarship will be credited with one bonus point per Social Media channel. The shoutout should include a link to the ankinlaw.com website and a tag (link) to our respective Social Media Account. Please use the hashtag #ankinlawvetscholarship2019 so we can find your account easier.
It should look like this:
This is not a requirement and students without Social Media Access will still be considered. Multiple shoutouts within the same Social Media channel are appreciated but will not result in additional points. We will not credit points for channels on which we are not active. Please find a list of our Social Media accounts below.
Shoutouts in Stories are not acceptable as we might not get to them within 24 hours for review.
Announcement of Scholarship Winner
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by September 2019. The funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution and used for tuition and books only. The winning applicant agrees that his or her essay may be published on the Ankin Law Office website. Ankin Law Office has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the winner.
Are you a Veteran or simply a student looking for a financial boost to further your academic career? Then check out our other scholarships: