Live Chat
Call Now: (312) 600-0000
Get a FREE Case Review
Leading Lawyers logo
Super Lawyers logo
American Association for Justice
WILG logo
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association logo
Avvo Rating logo
Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association logo

Kankakee Personal Injury Attorneys

Illinois Personal Injury Law Firm

Located approximately 60 miles south of Chicago, Kankakee, Illinois is the county seat of Kankakee County. According to the 2010 census, Kankakee County is home to 113,449 residents and covers 681 square miles. Named for the Kankakee River, Kankakee Countywas established in 1853 with the following six original townships: Yellowhead, Rockville, Bourbonnais, Momence, Aroma Park, and Limestone.

Currently, Kankakee, Illinois has a population of more than 27,000 and several thriving businesses, making it a prime location for Kankakee job opportunities, including jobs in business, sales, and health care. The Kankakee Daily Journal provides daily newspaper service to Kankakee and surrounding areas and provides a number of Kankakee job postings.

Workplace Accidents

If you have been injured in a workplace accident, you are generally entitled to worker’s compensation benefits through the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. Illinois law requires that all employers carry workers’ compensation or self-insure. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, or other personal injury accident, you may be confused and frightened about mounting medical bills and a loss of income. At Ankin Law Offices, LLC, our knowledgeable Kankakee injury attorneys focus on helping the victims of personal injury and workplace accidents receive the compensation they need and deserve.

If you have been injured in a workplace or other personal injury attorney, contact our office to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable Kankakee accident attorneys.

Illinois Worker’s Compensation

Workers’ compensation is a state-mandated insurance program that provides compensation to employees who suffer job-related injuries and illnesses. In general, an employee with a work-related illness or injury is entitled to workers’ compensation benefits regardless of who is at fault for the illness or injury and, in exchange, the employee is generally not permitted to sue the employer in court for damages related to those injuries. There are situations, however, in which another third party may be found liable for contributory negligence.

What to Do Following a Workplace Injury

If you suffer a workplace injury or illness, you should promptly notify your employer. You may also wish to notify the employer in writing of the date and place of the accident, along with a brief description of the accident and resulting injury in order to properly document the workplace accident. Notice to your employer – either verbally or in writing – must be given to a supervisor or a member of the management team, and not a fellow co-worker.

Filing a Claim with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission

If your employer does not provide you with the appropriate workers’ compensation benefits following the accident, you may wish to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. There are no fees to file a claim, but you, as the employee, are required to prove that you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits by demonstrating that on the date of the accident, the injured worker was an employee of the employer, that the worker sustained injuries or illness as during the course of employment, the medical condition was caused or aggravated by accident, and that the employer received proper notice of the accident.

Importance of Experienced Legal Counsel

If you have been injured in a construction accident at work, the attorneys at Ankin Law Office can help you get the workers’ compensations benefits and personal injury damages you deserve. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable Kankakee accident attorneys to learn more about how we can help your recover for your personal injury or workplace accident.